How to Change Windows 10 C drive Users Name - If you want to change the user name of your computer or laptop's C drive but you do not know how to change it, no matter what is the use of this article, follow the steps mentioned in this article. Follow and Change Windows 10 C drive User Name.
How to Change Windows 10 C drive Users Name
Method 1: Please follow these steps to rename the user account.
- Type user account in the search box and click User Accounts.
- Click on "Changed your account name"|
- If it is indicating password, please enter and click Yes. If you don't have a password, click Yes.
- Enter a new user name.
- Click on change name.
Method 2: Please follow these steps to name change user account.
Note: Before starting, please back up all your data and create the system restore point first.
- Press Windows Key + R combination and then type netplwiz in the Run dialog box. Click on OK. If asked for UAC, click Yes.
- To enter this computer, the user name and password must be entered on the User Accounts window.
- In the User Name section, select the user name in which you want to rename and click Properties.
- In the Properties window, in the user name field, provide the desired user name. Then click Apply and then click OK.
- Reboot to see the changes.
Change User Folder name: Even after you change the user name by using this method, your personal folder will continue to display the old username. To rename the user folder, do the following.
- Create a system restore point first. Then open Registry Editor and navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \0 Microsoft \0 Windows NT \0 Current Version \ profile list
- You will find many folders like S-1-5 here. Search through them until you find a Profile Image Path pointing to your old user name. Double-click it and replace your old user name with your new user name.
- Restart your computer to see the changes.
Important: System Restore restores the computer in the earlier time, which is called the restore point. System Restore does not change your personal files, but it can delete recently installed apps and drivers and also reset recently changed settings on the computer.
Registry disclaimer: Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems may occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For additional protection, back up the registry before modifying it. Then, if a problem occurs, you can restore the registry. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)
How to back up and restore registry in Windows |